Raymond Davis Case Adjourns to 14th March

The Lahore High Court on Thursday adjourned till March 14 the hearing of various identical petitions against possible handing over of Raymond Davis to the US after a deputy attorney general sought time to file foreign ministry reply in the Raymond Davis Murder Case.

General Naveed Inayet Malik presented on the behalf of Federal Government of Pakistan and told the court that the name of Raymond Davis had been still remain on E.C.L. He requested the court to grant three weeks time to file the foreign ministry reply.

"As the General Naveed has requested three weeks to submit a reply on the status of Raymond Davis, the case is adjourned until March 14," Lahore High Court chief justice Ijaz Mohammad Chaudhry said.

Lahore High Court began hearing to decide if Raymond Davis has diplomatic immunity, in a case that has frayed ties between the suspicious allies. The court had given the foreign ministry 15 days to answer on whether full diplomatic status was held by Raymond Davis, who has been remanded in custody since his arrest.

Former foreign minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has told in a press conference, Davis does not have full diplomatic status.


0 comments to "Raymond Davis Case Adjourns to 14th March"

Post a Comment

Bloggers Community
Web hosting for webmasters